How to Create a New Dial-up Connection in Windows 98
1. Double-click My Computer.
2. Double-click Dial-Up Networking.
3. Double-click Make New Connection.
4. Type Ripco under Type a name for the computer you are dialing. Click Next.
5. Type your Local Access Number underneath Telephone Number. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. Back in your Dial-Up Networking window, right-click on Ripco, then click Properties.
8. Click on the Server Types tab at the top.
9. Make sure Enable Software Compression is NOT checked and TCP/IP IS checked. Click the TCP/IP Settings button in the lower right corner.
10. Back in your Dial-Up Networking window, right-click on Ripco network and click on Create Shortcut. A window will pop up that says, Windows cannot create a short-cut here, would you like to place it on the desktop? Click Yes.
14. To connect, just double-click the short cut icon on your desktop and put in your username, preceded by a captial P and password and click connect. For example if your username is joe, you would type in Pjoe. There should be an option to save this information if you wish.