How to Create a New Dial-up Connection in Windows 95
1. Double-click My Computer.
2. Double-click Dial-Up Networking.
3. Double-click Make New Connection.
4. Type Ripco under Type a name for the computer you are dialing. Click Next.
5. Type your Local Access Number underneath Telephone Number. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. Back in your Dial-Up Networking window, right-click on Ripco network, then click Properties.
8. The window below should pop up, click on the Server Types tab at the top.
9. Make sure Enable Software Compression us unchecked and TCP/IP is checked. After all necessary changes are made, click OK.
10. Back in your Dial-Up Networking window, right-click on Ripco network and click on Create Shortcut. A window will pop up that says, Windows cannot create a short-cut here, would you like to place it on the desktop? Click Yes.
11. To connect, just double-click the short cut icon on your desktop and put in your username, preceded by a capital P and password and click connect. For example if your username is joe, you would type in Pjoe. There should be an option to save these settings if you wish.