1. Click on your Apple menu in the top-left corner of the window. Then select System Preferences.
2. In the window that opens up, select Network from the row of icons on the top.
3. The drop-down menu next to Location should say Automatic. If you get a pop-up window that asks you to Name Your Location, type in Ripco and click OK.
4. Make sure Internal Modem is selected next to Configure. Click on the Modem tab near the top. Make sure there is a dot next to Tone next to the subheading Dialing and a checkmark should be next to Wait for dial tone before dialing. The modem Sound setting is optional.
5. Click the TCP/IP tab at the top.
6. In the area beneath the TCP/IP tab, Using PPP should be selected in the drop-down menu next to Configure. The only text fields should be Domain Name Servers and Search Domains.
7. Click the PPP tab near the top.
8. Enter the following information:
9. Click the PPP Options tab at the bottom.
10. Ensure that the checkbox next to Connect automatically when starting TCP/IP applications is checked. Click the OK, and then click the Proxies tab at the top.
11. Leave everything unchecked and blank. If you have made any changes click the Save button in the lower-right corner of the window.