How to Create a New Dial-up Connection in Windows ME
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open Control Panel.
3. Open Dial-up Networking. (Click Next if you get the Welcome to Dial-up Networking screen.)
5. In the Make New Connection screen, type in Ripco and be sure your modem is selected under "Select a device."
7. Enter your Local Access Number. Click Next.
8. Click Finish.
9. Right click on the Ripco icon you just created and select Properties.
10. Click on the Security tab and enter your login name in the User Name field, your password. Leave Domain blank and check "Log on to network." Click OK.
11. Back in your Dial-Up Networking window, right-click on Ripco network and click on Create Shortcut. A window will pop up that says, Windows cannot create a short-cut here, would you like to place it on the desktop? Click Yes.
12. Double click the icon on your desktop to connect to Ripco.